***DAILY DOS’S – FRIDAY 7AM EDITION***
Today the House is going to consider a budget reconciliation. Katie Anthonylaid out the details in last night’s #dailydos, but the short-short version is that the passage would allow Republicans to kill parts of the Affordable Care Act related to government spending and taxes.
Although they are working hard and fast to repeal ACA, Republicans have yet to offer up anything in its place. Currently only 13% of Americans want to repeal the legislation without replacing it immediately. This is causing a few Republicans to have second thoughts. (http://reut.rs/2jIq31d)
1. Let Republicans in Congress—especially in the House—know that you want to keep the Affordable Care Act. If you have a Republican representative contact them first, then help put pressure on other politicians who are on the fence. (http://bit.ly/2j5pxan) Let us know who you called.
• Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky)
• Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas)
• Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tennessee)
• Sen. Susan Colling (R-Maine)
• Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
• Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-Louisiana)
• Rep. Mark Meadows (R-North Carolina)
• Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pennsylvania)
2. Sign up to attend an info session or rally on the ACA. Know of other events? Post in the comments.
Richland: Rally in support of ACA, Sunday (http://bit.ly/2je15WH)
District 2: Rick Larsen, Affordable Care Act “Town Talk”, Sunday,
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Unity Care NW, Adult Dental / Behavioral Health Center (2nd floor), 1616 Cornwall Avenue, Bellingham, WA, 98225
District 7: Pramila Jayapal is hosting a rally at Westlake Park on Sunday (http://bit.ly/2ip0oZj)
3. Although we’ve really focused hard on Congress this week, it’s important that we don’t miss out on opportunities to fight the small fights in our local communities. Remember, even a few voices can change the conversation on the right issue. Today’s the last day to comment on the proposal to let Navy jets train over Olympic wilderness areas. Email the Olympic National Forest and tell them why you think they should turn down the Navy’s request. Details on the proposal and who to contact are here: http://wawild.org/no-navy-jet-training-olympic/. Have a small, local fight you want to call out? Share it in the comments.
Katie Anthony is a writer, one of the administrators of Pantsuit Washington, and heads the Daily Do's team.
Liz Bander - writer
Angela Teater- Writer