*** YOUR DAILY DO’S – THURSDAY, 7 AM EDITION ***
1. We made a commitment as a group to #GoLong and stick with public education until it is fully funded. The thing we have to watch out for is the tendency of the government to rob Peter to pay Paul, and temporarily cobble together enough money to fund education, but only until people aren’t looking anymore, and only on the state’s credit card. Our nation needs its next generation’s education to be reliably, fully endowed. Today, call at least one of your state legislators and tell them to fully fund education using new and dependable revenue.
(Script in Comments)
2. Last call to join #PantsuitResolution! A couple of updates to note, based on feedback from our members:
- Team Safety Net can’t be renamed within the poll but will be Team Economic Justice, focusing on supporting the people and families who are left behind, and learning more about how to navigate the governmental landscape of various safety net elements.
- Team Gun Violence Prevention has been added!
- Team Diversity and Team Privilege will be combined into one team, Team Accomplice. If you want to work on being an ally for any marginalized population, sign up for one of those.
- If you are the person who added Team Community, please PM me! Thank you!
Original Post Here: http://bit.ly/2hPOngR
If you’ve signed up for a team, look for your introductory #PantsuitResolution message on Monday morning!
3. #SelfCARE It’s been a minute since we’ve asked you to take some time for yourself on these Do’s. Today, I want you to take a minute and do something that has nothing to do with our mission, but that makes you happy. I want you to write it down in your planner or schedule it on your calendar. Commit to your own care. Read a chapter of a good book, take a walk in the cold sunny day, text or call someone you love that you haven’t connected with lately, treat yourself to a FANCY coffee. Take some deep breaths. You’re here. You’re great. We’re here with you. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Comment below on what you did to take care of yourself today.
Katie Anthony is a writer, one of the administrators of Pantsuit Washington, and heads the Daily Do's team.
Liz Bander - writer
Angela Teater- Writer