What we did in Indivisible WA this week:
#WeeklyRoundup week ending Feb 17:
The weekly roundup highlights the actions we took and the amazing results of our hard work. Going forward I will summarize the week in the main post then provide a link and action roundup in the first comment. If you didn't have time to act during the week, you can still do some things over the weekend.
Also, as always, I want to give a huge shoutout to every single one of you who took action this week. Activist fatigue is a real thing and it's important to guard against it. Remember that one action is more meaningful than no action, so if you can do one a day, do one. If you can do more that is wonderful, but don't ever think that any contribution is too small. Every action counts! Don't ever forget that you have a voice.
Here are this week's highlights. FOR ACTION LINKS AND INFO, PLEASE SEE THE Indivisible WA Daily Do's Archive:
• We supported immigrants by donating to a deportation legal fund and having our Amazon Smile proceeds to go help defend immigrants.
• We pressured Amazon to vote with their advertising dollars and pull ads from Breitbart.
• We supported black-owned businesses and a local black-owned preschool.
• We continued our quest to learn more about intersectional issues.
• We supported the journalists who are holding the White House, Congress and the Judiciary accountable.
• We continued to demand that our Congress hold the White House accountable for its connections with Russia.
• We demanded answers about public education.
• We opposed the privatization of public education.
• We demanded that our representatives support the EPA and vote against a bill to dismantle it.
• We supported a Democratic candidate for the Georgia House.
Great things that Happened this week
And, here are some great things that happened this week:
• Michael Flynn resigned amid the scandal about pre-inauguration discussions with the Russian ambassador about US sanctions against Russia for election tampering.
• Andy Puzder withdrew for consideration as Labor Secretary
• Republicans continue to be terrified of town hall meetings.
• OMG Trump's dumpster fire of a press conference - I'm sure the effects of this will reverberate for a while, but he is already been derided by former ally Fox News.
• Trump dropped his plan to challenge the restraining order on his Muslim Ban. Yay for the Judiciary Branch!