*** YOUR DAILY DO'S - THURSDAY, 6 PM EDITION *** Katie Anthony
Our phone calls have slowed down. Our participation on these Do's posts has slowed down. Energy ebbs and flows, and that's normal in movements of this magnitude. But things have changed - WE have changed - and It's time to talk about our process.
1. Your Daily Do's team is going to be meeting this weekend to talk about next steps, and we want to weigh as many of your wishes as we can. Please comment on the Facebook page answering these questions. (I know that it's impossible to make the internet a "safe place" so I'll comment first and break the seal, ok?)
- How has your mindset changed since 45 took office?
- How have your priorities changed since 45 took office?
- What's stopping you from contacting your lawmakers daily? What are the obstacles to you being fully engaged in your activism?
- What is the ideal tool to help you contact your lawmakers?
- What do you look for in the Daily Do's? What works for you? What doesn't? No hurt feelings here, y'all, you can be real with us.
2&3. Tonight we are going to start #BuildingYourToolkit. This is going to be an ongoing process whereby we work together to give you a personalized, vetted set of tools, important knowledge about current issues and local politics, and ways that you can do your work and keep your life.
Step one: Do you want a binder, a folder, a bulletin board? Decide where you would like to store any resources (things like postcards and stamps, fact sheets, contact sheets, and general inspiration), and either get them out of the basement, pop over to Fred Meyer/Goodwill/Target, or put those items in your shopping cart.
Step two: Fill in this table and tape it up next to your computer/potty/special chair... wherever you do your best work :)
You can use this link or the Google machine to find a lot of this information:
Katie Anthony is a writer, one of the administrators of Pantsuit Washington, and heads the Daily Do's team.
Liz Bander - writer
Angela Teater- Writer