It's not over yet.
1. Write or Call Congress about the TAX bill before its finalized.
2. Write a letter to the editor.
Don't get discouraged. Get ANGRY and write to congress and your local paper. Here's what I sent to my reps this am. What did I miss? What will you send?
"The tax bill is an atrocity. Please, as they blend the house and senate versions: make sure that
1. Personhood is not defined at conception
2. Graduate students aren't taxed on tuition waivers
3. Private school savings are not tax exempt while the state and local taxes we pay will be double taxed.
4. Remove the ACA mandate rollback which will gut the ACA 5. Stop the rollback of estate taxes.
6. Allow for continued medical expense deductions. Its a critical lifeline for the very ill and disabled.
The rest, the horrible premise of this travesty of a bill, the subsidy of the wealthy by giving them breaks on the backs of the poor, we will use against the GOP at every turn.
We the people are really, really, angry and we won't give up!" (feel free to borrow and edit). I used resistbot.
Ideas and Commentary on the Resistance by K Cleland