Friends, let's seek a tactical victory this week. Let's try to stop the Bannonappointment. Presidents have had to back down before, for comparatively minor reasons. (Some of us are old enough to remember Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, Bill Clinton's two AG appointments, who had to withdraw for failing to pay Social Security taxes.) Let's not assume this is a done deal.
Let's do what we can to stop this. I have enclosed a list of actions below. Please feel free to add to this, especially those of you with organizing experience...
1) If you live in the US, CALL ( don't email) your Representatives and Senators and tell them this is unacceptable.
2) Paul Ryan is feigning ignorance again. Call his office at (202) 225-3031 and let him know that this is not ok. Same with Majority Leader McConnell, (202) 224-2541.
3) Call out the media when they report the Bannon appointment as a straight news story or refer to him as a "Breitbart executive" or a "provocateur," but don't call him what he is: a white supremacist, anti-semite, misogynist. Don't let them normalize.
4) Where protests are ongoing, make this the focus, with signs, chants, etc. Next week we can turn out attention to other things. But for now let's focus like a laser on this.
5) Let's get religious groups on board; maybe even mainstream business groups, like the Chamber of Commerce (202-659-6000).
6) Contact other people of influence--College presidents, high-profile coaches and anyone else who has a public megaphone.
We can do this. #stopbannon
Alt-right interview from 11-17-16 NPR
Ideas and Commentary on the Resistance by K Cleland