*** YOUR DAILY DO'S - [5/10] *** Jessica Williams Nguyen
So yesterday… W…T….actual…F?!? It was just a normal day in the Resistance. Your Daily Do’s team was planning actions related to ed funding in Washington and then, bam, Comey. Fired. (Politico: https://tinyurl.com/k6vfk7s) And in an extremely bizarre way (Fox: https://tinyurl.com/myqdsu7). And grand jury subpoenas issued for Flynn associates (CNN: https://tinyurl.com/jwfw5m2). And then an administration spokesperson saying “it’s time to move on” from #TrumpRussia. (Uh....?)
If you’re like me, your head is still spinning. (For some inside baseball from folks who know a thing or two, check out this emergency edition of the Lawfare Podcast: https://tinyurl.com/lyk5djg.) One thing is essential to recognize. The FBI investigation into #TrumpRussia will absolutely be impacted by Comey’s departure. This will not stand. Our Democratic Senators are already coming out swinging, and even some Republicans are speaking out (CNBC: https://tinyurl.com/le3u5qs). Let’s do our part.
1. #SpecialProsecutor for #TRUMPRUSSIA
Contact the Department of Justice to demand a special prosecutor be appointed immediately to investigate #TrumpRussia. Script in comments.
202-353-1555 or https://www.justice.gov/contact-us
2. #SelectCommittee on #TRUMPRUSSIA
Contact your MOCs. Tell them, while you support a special prosecutor at DOJ, you also demand a transparent, bipartisan, select committee on #TrumpRussia. The two investigative bodies serve different purposes. A special prosecutor’s job is to get indictments. A select committee’s job is to bring the truth to light for the public and advance appropriate Congressional action.
(#LookingForMore? Contact Mitch McConnell too. He holds the keys to a Congressional select committee.)
3. KEEP #TRUMPRUSSIA in the HEADLINES
George Lakoff reminds us that the tweets are coming (FB: https://tinyurl.com/mnkrbxo). We don’t know what they’ll say, but we know they’ll be outlandish. In the vein of the Obama wiretap story. Or maybe some totally different type of diversion. Whatever it is, keep your laser focus on #TrumpRussia. And help guide other eyes there as well.
Write --> Send letters to the editor of your local paper about #TrumpRussia
Post --> Share stories about #TrumpRussia not the diversion
4. ONE LAST THING --> #WASHEDUC
I know #TrumpRussia is taking up all the oxygen, but we have to spare some attention for the crisis in our own state. State legislators are really, really not doing their jobs (NewsTrib: https://tinyurl.com/mtrsxot). Here are some ways to remind them we are watching:
- Attend the Dandelion Dash today in Olympia TODAY (family-friendly) #dandydash https://www.facebook.com/events/1884116541875846/, https://tinyurl.com/nymk52m
- Fax or email this invoice for your public school volunteer hours to your state legislators: https://tinyurl.com/kmndcdo
- Last week was teacher appreciation week! Donate time or money to an underfunded school in WA. See comments for suggestions. Know of a school or classroom that could use the help? Share in comments.
5/9 - https://tinyurl.com/lak6uy7
5/8 - https://tinyurl.com/kdk2ra3
5/6 - https://tinyurl.com/l45vaox
5/5 - https://tinyurl.com/lz5woz9
5/4 - https://tinyurl.com/lag2rns
- Send your action ideas to the Daily Dos team using IndivisibleDailyDo@gmail.com. Include background information and why you feel this action is strategic for this statewide group.
- You can select "Turn off notifications on this post" to stop getting alerts whenever a new comment is added.
Katie Anthony is a writer, one of the administrators of Pantsuit Washington, and heads the Daily Do's team.
Liz Bander - writer
Angela Teater- Writer